[obol] Colorado news and gull alert

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 15:05:41 -0700

I have not had much to put onto OBOL in recent months, though with luck that
will change when I spend a week in Oregon around Thanksgiving and return to
the state half-time starting Christmas.

It seems to me worth mentioning that there is a huge movement of Lesser BB
Gulls in Colorado right now.  At least FOURTEEN (2/3 adults) and probably
more are at one lake near Fort Collins ­ and there are a lot of lakes around
here. So stay alert in another few weeks for some to reach the far west.

Of personal note, I found a Bay-breasted Warbler at my office in Boulder
about ten days ago.  It went into a 40-foot Ponderosa that is heavily
infested with aphids and has stayed there ever since.

This morning it was joined by a Pine Warbler and a Parula; all in the same
tree at once.  The local lensbeesten are all there trying to get all three
in a photo.  Ain't gonna happen.

Moral of the story: stick your tongue into the trees around town and if you
taste aphids, keep an eye on that tree.

Cheers - Alan

--
Alan Contreras

acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx

Cohabiting Eugene, Oregon and Louisville, Colorado through July, 2014.