[obol] Clatsop County spring birds

  • From: Lee Cain <lcain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Listserve <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 23:07:06 -0700

I have seen two TURKEY VULTURES in the past two days over Lyngstad
Heights/Wireless Rd area.  TREE SWALLOWS and VIOLET GREEN SWALLOWS are
everywhere, and in fact we found a nest box in the Airport Mitigation
Bank Wetland today that had 5 Tree Swallow eggs in it already.  A
MERLIN also zoomed over the marsh while we were there, making all the
swallows start talking nervous talk.   An AMERICAN BITTERN continues
to haunt the wetland, flying up out of the cattails as we crossed the
marsh.  Numerous GREATER YELLOWLEGS are now feeding in the Wireless Rd
pasture puddles, but the LEAST and WESTERN SANDPIPERS are yet to show
significant numbers.

--
Lee Cain
Astoria