[obol] Clatsop Birds This AM

  • From: Colby Neuman <colby.neuman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 14:03:26 -0700

I saw the Buff-breasted Sandpiper mentioned earlier today by David Bailey.

I also had two Snowy Plovers, a Red-necked Phalarope and a Baird's Sandpiper
mixed in with the usual suspects at Del Ray Beach.  After getting towed out of
the sand, I did not see ther Snowy Plovers on my return trip. I also could not
find the Snowy Plovers when I returned midday, but there were two Baird's
Sandpipers.

I just stopped at Little Beach at the Necanicum River Estuary and had a flock
of five Baird's Sandpipers (no other shorebirds).  The other highlight (seeing
no reports in ebird from the county) was a Lesser Goldfinch singing/calling at
the parking lot.  I did not see the bird, but it was giving its typical sad
'tear' call intermixed with their jumble of calls that make up their song. This
was at the H street and Wellington Ave intersection parking lot in Gearhart in
case this is not the normal access for Little Beach.

Colby
PDX