[obol] Re: Clackamas County Emperor Goose [Stephen Colbert]

  • From: David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, goosechaser58@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 12:51:56 -0800

That seems like a very odd blanket statement from an ebird reviewer. If the
goose can likely be seen from public land, posting location information is
standard. If the bird is on private property which cannot be viewed from a
public right of way, then that might be a reason not to post the location.

David

just saw an emperor goose in clackamas county. per the ebird reviewer for
clackamas county, i'm told it is the local custom to post photos and
details to ebird only after the bird is gone. seems odd to me, but i'm just
passing through the area, so i'll go with the flow.

my previous experience with emperor geese includes three years banding them
in alaska about 9 years ago.

good birding!

stephen - See more at: http://birding.aba.org/maillistdigest/OR01#559633