[obol] Re: Clackamas County Emperor Goose

  • From: Jack Williamson <jack.williamson.jr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 13:26:05 -0800

That seems to go against the whole notion of birding being an activity that
is enhanced when information is shared.  I don't think we should let the
actions of a few inconsiderate birders punish the majority.   Besides that
- we all make mistakes.  God and a few close friends know of the many
mistakes I have made during my first few years birding.

Having said that,  I do think the location of vulnerable roost and or nest
sites should not be shared publicly, especially when a human-targeted
species such as Northern Goshawk is involved.

The only thing about this topic that I am sure of is that (it) is a
complicated and emotionally charged matter.

I hope this post is not inflammatory. . .

Sincerely,

--
Jack Williamson
West Linn, Oregon