[obol] Calliope Crossing and Calliope Hummers

  • From: Jeff and Lauretta Young <jeffandlaurettayoung@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 06:52:04 -0700

Hello OBOL,
My wife Lauretta and I enjoyed birding at Calliope Crossing north of Sisters
Oregon this past weekend. We were fortunate to see a male Calliope Hummer. It
was fun to hear the “buzz” of his wings as he darted about, which sounded much
more prominent than we are used to with the Anna’s and Rufus Hummers.

Could someone provide some typical dates of arrival and departure for this bird
in this particular area?

I posted a couple pictures of birds we saw here:

www.flickr.com/photos/youngbirders <http://www.flickr.com/photos/youngbirders>

Happy birding,
Jeff Young
Portland, OR