[obol] Re: [COBOL] tygh valley cbc

  • From: Stephen Shunk <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tom Crabtree <tc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 19:44:06 -0800

10 inches now at our house just south of Tom (west side Bend). At least it
will stay cold so it won't become dangerous slop tomorrow. 0 forecast for
low tonight and a HIGH of 12 tomorrow! Light and fluffy, like a ... junco
(because it has to be about birds!). Big cold hazard tomorrow. Wear your
(goose/eider ... birds again) down coats.

Seriously, though, this is an outstanding weather pattern to push redpolls,
waxwings, snow buntings, rosy-finches, etc. into our region. Keep the
feeders full. The birds will be hungry!
Steve Shunk

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 5:11 PM, Tom Crabtree <tc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'll add to Alan's warning, it has been snowing like crazy in Bend all day.
> They predicted 1-3" for here and we have 6" already and it's not letting
> up.
> If you don't know how to drive in the snow, or are uncomfortable doing so,
> STAY HOME.  It isn't worth risking life and limb for a CBC.  As a count
> compiler I put safety ahead of participation.  It is ugly out there and I
> certainly don't trust the forecast.  I just loaded Weather.com's weather in
> motion and according to them we haven't had any snow.  Too bad they can't
> just look out the window!
>
> Tom Crabtree, Bend

*Join us in 2015 for your next adventure in Nature!*

*www.paradisebirding.com <http://www.paradisebirding.com/>*

Stephen Shunk
Paradise Birding
P.O. Box 547