[obol] Brown Booby, YES

  • From: Darrel Faxon <5hats@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:20:40 -0700

Following a hunch that the booby would perch all night where it was seen at
5:40 on Thursday, I arrived at the sight this morning before daylight. By
7:25 I was able to discern the booby perched on the navigational marker
south of the Undersea Gardens in Yaquina Bay.  At 7:30, before it was fully
daylight, it left the perch and flew west. I soon lost sight of it against
the backdrop of the breakwater on the opposite side of the bay.

Darrel