[obol] Brewer's Sparrow Fern Ridge 8/31

  • From: Peter Nosler <pandmnosler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 22:25:42 -0700

Hello, Oregon Birders, today my family and I went out to Fern Ridge to look
for the previously reported Franklin's Gull and Sanderling, both to no
avail (their respective flocks were too far away for identification).  We
did however see a solitary Brewer's Sparrow amongst the Savannah Sparrows
along Royal Avenue.  The bird was about one tenth of a mile from the
parking lot in the area that eBird Hotspot Explorer marks as Royal Avenue--
Oak Trees.  It was seen at about 9:20 this morning.  This was my first
encounter with a Brewer's Sparrow and I obtained pictures.  The link to
these pictures is:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127388251@N04/

The avocets were also present (3 of them) for a brief period before flying
away.

Phil Nosler