[obol] Re: Birds and the moon

  • From: Wayne Hoffman <whoffman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 05:51:15 -0700

Hi -

I saw a few HY Californias and HY Ringbills at Summer Lake Thursday.  The
westward movement of California Gulls is out to the coast and nearshore
 ocean.  Ring-bills do not come out to the coast in nubers, and I don't
think they gather in bigger numbers in the Willamette Valley than can be
explained by dispersal from the Columbia River colonies.

Wayne