[obol] Bird photos from Hermiston

  • From: Timothy Kadlecek <timkadlecek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL2 <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 12:01:08 -0700

I had a chance to do a bit of birding in the Hermiston, OR this past week. I
have attached a sample of photos taken. A few of the highlights include
Loggerhead Shrikes, Grasshopper and Lark Sparrows, White-throated Swifts,
Chukar, Virginia Rail and Common Nighthawks both perched and in flight. I
also found the Gadwall with a white ring around its neck, the same bird of
which I posted photos of when birding the same Cold Springs WR a month ago.
It was on the far side of the same pond, again by itself but this time I have
included a photo in flight showing typical plumage of a Gadwall. Besides the
white ring around its neck, it seems to have a lighter than normal Gadwall
beak. I saw a total of 5 Loggerhead Shrikes, 3 separate birds on the same
stretch of road and 2 together on a different road the following day. I have
included pics of 2 different birds taken the first day. I found 2 pair of
Gray Partridge on separate days, but was unable to take any quality photo. I
also included a few butterfly and dragonfly photos.

Tim

https://flic.kr/s/aHskdFxiQ9

Sent from my iPhone