[obol] Baskett Slough Trip Summary

  • From: Mike Unger <unger730@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Blog <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:06:02 -0700

Tuesday afternoon my wife and I went to Baskett Slough and it was somewhat
active with shorebirds and other larger birds.  The Black-necked Stilts
were still at The Narrows on Colville Rd.  We also saw 27 American White
Pelicans and three Great Egrets.

Further down Colville Road toward Hwy. 99 we observed numerous Turkey
Vultures, American Kestrels and a Northern Harrier all actively hunting
with some success.  We also saw a lone Ring-necked Pheasant just before
reaching the Rich Guadagno Trail parking lot.

Mike Unger
Keizer, OR

*Here is today's list for July 22, 2014:*

Number of Checklists: 2
Number of Species: 17

Checklists included in this summary:
(1): Oregon2020--The Narrows @ 4:14 PM