[obol] Barview Jetty: Snow Bunting & Rock Sandpiper photos

  • From: Diana Byrne <diana.byrne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 20:37:37 -0700

The Snow Bunting at Barview Jetty, reported by others earlier, was very
cooperative today.  In fact, I almost tripped over it when I got out of my car.
 It was hanging around the parking lot and drinking from the puddles around 3pm
this afternoon.  If only all Buntings visiting the state right now were this
cooperative!
Photo at: http://cannonbeachbirder.blogspot.com/2013/03/snow-bunting_29.html

Near the end of the jetty there were about a dozen Black Turnstones.  I sat
down to enjoy the sunny spring day and after a while noticed a lone bird on the
channel side, about 100 ft. east of the green pole near the end of the jetty.
It was the Rock Sandpiper, sitting perfectly still on a rock in the sun,
perhaps also enjoying the nice spring weather.
Photo at: http://cannonbeachbirder.blogspot.com/2013/03/rock-sandpiper.html

- Diana Byrne
Cannon Beach