[obol] Barred Owl vocalizations

  • From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 12:46:30 -0800

   I commented a few years ago on the seemingly quiet demeanor of Barred Owls
in Oregon compared to my experiences with them in the Deep South. It occurs to
me that the Oregon population hasn't reached saturation yet. As the species'
density goes up, so will territorial disputes. Rather than dispersing evenly,
Barred Owls seem to build up in a given area. I'm often struck by the many CBCs
in our state that still don't record the species. How long before every circle
west of the Cascades  gets one? Lars