[obol] Banded Song Sparrow at Hatfield

  • From: Ben Wishnek <ben.wishnek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 22:58:38 -0800

Greetings all:

I sighted a banded song sparrow foraging in the westernmost of the two
larger tidal channels running under the estuary trail boardwalk at Hatfield
Marine Science Center yesterday around sunset.  I was part of a group that
did some banding around HMSC in fall 2011, and wondered if there has been
any banding done in the area around Hatfield since then. If anybody knows,
please let me know.

On a side note, there have been Bald Eagles fairly frequently on the
mudflats to the south and east of the estuary trail over the past couple of
weeks.  It has been fun watching the large flocks of Wigeon, Mallards and
gulls on the bay getting flushed as the eagles have been passing over!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Cheers,
Ben Wishnek

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ben Wishnek, Master's of Science Degree Candidate
Oregon State University
Environmental Sciences Graduate Program
104 Wilkinson Hall
Corvallis, OR  97331
Cell Phone: 619-818-5929

"Humankind has not woven the web of life.  We are but one thread within
it.  Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.  All things are bound
together.  All things connect."
-Chief Seattle