[obol] Bachman's Warbler - sort of

  • From: ed mcv <ed.mcvicker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 10:16:54 -0800

Long-time readers of the comic strip Doonesbury may recall a character
named Dick who, among other things, was an avid birder.  Of course the
stereotypes were low-hanging fruit for a a great satirist like Trudeau but
he managed to get a lot of things right.  The story of Dick's pursuit of a
Bachman's Warbler, which first ran in 1981, is re-running this week.  I've
collected the first four strips and posted them on my flickr page.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/10665268@N04/16467629128/in/set-72157648729112213

Some things don't really change.

Ed McVicker
SW Portland