[obol] Areas for Shorebirds on Sturgeon Lake Sauvie Island

  • From: Bob Archer <rabican1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 16:45:35 -0700

Hi:

I put together a Google Map of Sturgeon Lake over lunch today.  The number
of shorebirds out there the past week has been amazing as you have read.  I
put this together fast and can't figure out how to put trails down on the
map, but I will.  I put markers at all the spots I can think of and how to
access them.  If I messed up on anything. let me know.  The area up around
Big Eddy is best for great views..you can be in trees and right next to the
birds.  The pictures and videos that have been posted are proof enough.

Remember all this is shut down on Oct 1st ( except areas up along Warrior
Rock Trail).  And you need a parking permit as always.   I hope to do
another canoe trip this Saturday afternoon. Tides and water level may cause
me to cancel and just hike around.  On two of the markers I posted links to
filed reports I have done in the past.  Hope this helps folks..

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zDYUv0mTlYiM.kTxgIpn68wsk

Bob Archer

PDX