[obol] 8/25/13 - Union County, OR : COMMON TERN

  • From: AVITOURS@xxxxxxx
  • To: birding-neoregon-group@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 16:39:35 -0400 (EDT)

Birders -

Around 11:20 a.m. today (8/25), I was driving by the La Grande Waste Water
Treatment ponds, and I noticed that the gate was open.  so, I drove in and
glassed the ponds.  Tons of waterfowl, a few EARED GREBE, 7 BLACK-NECKED
STILT among other peeps, and one adult COMMON TERN were present.  A
diagnostic photo can be viewed here:
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m527/avitours/COTE_zps3baff561.jpg
In flight the Tern showed an apparent dark wedge on primaries and grayish
body.  When it landed, the shorter white tail (than wingtips),  and dark
outer webs (of tail) were evident.  A full species list  can be viewed here:

Good birding,

- Trent

The  Bobolink - Linking Birders & Birds

1707 5th Street