[obol] 11/14/13 - Baker County : LONG-TAILED DUCK(S)

  • From: AVITOURS@xxxxxxx
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 17:01:23 -0500 (EST)

Birders -
I drove through Baker City this  morning (11/14, 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.am.),
and stopped at the Frontage Road  Ponds (aka UPS Ponds).  My first stop at
the south pond had bunch of the  usual ducks.  I could see some water
movement near the north edge, and just  assumed that the activity was created
by
Muskrats.  Whatever it was, it was  spending more time under water than
above.  Then the culprits became  apparent - a male and female LONG-TAILED
DUCK.
A first for me in Baker  County.  I snapped a bunch of photos and called a
handful of Baker  birders.  A photo of both birds can be viewed  here:
Good  birding,
- Trent
The Bobolink - Linking Birders & Birds
1707 5th  Street