[obol] 11/04/13 - Union County : winter female LONG-TAILED DUCK

  • From: AVITOURS@xxxxxxx
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 10:01:02 -0500 (EST)

Birders -
I stopped by the La Grande Waste  Water Treatment Ponds yesterday evening
(11/04, 4:00 p.m.).  The time  change is definitely going to put a damper on
my after work birding.   However, in the last of the evening light, I
located a winter female LONG-TAILED  DUCK on the south pond, loosely
associating
with a small raft of RUDDYS.  I  was able to fire off a few snaps, with the
best one embedded in my eBird  submission here:
LONG-TAILED DUCKS are near annual in Union County, seen usually from Oct
1st  - Nov 31st. & usually from larger bodies of water, so this was  expected.
The RED-BELLIED WOODPECKER was seen numerous times yesterday  (11/04, 9:45
a.m. - 12:30 p.m.), by numerous local birders.  Per usual the  ABA site
trimmed my long URL off of my in-flight Woodpecker photo.  It only  needs a "g"
to work, but here is a shorter URL which will lead you to the same  location:
The  additional snow of this morning is drawing me out to the Horned Lark
fields  ...
Good birding,
- Trent
The Bobolink - Linking Birders &  Birds