[oakleafsunjgroup] A Devotion

  • From: Sassy <sassyuga@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Group <oakleafsunjgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 07:06:31 -0400

Good Morning!  I thought everyone might enjoy this daily devotion.

Have a great week!!!

Sheila
:-)

10/3/11
Understanding It All He made their hearts, so he understands everything they do
(Psalm 33:15, New Living Translation).

Scripture: Psalm 33:13-22

Song: “Wait, O My Soul, Thy Maker’s Will”

Have you ever done something and then later wondered why you did it? Human
reasoning can be faulty, even in the best of situations. When I was much
younger, I remember my mother scolding me for something I had done. When she
asked me why I did it, my only response was, “I don’t know.” Those who deal
with children hear that excuse a lot.

While we are wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14), we often choose our own way or
will over God’s wise leading. Sometimes we may think we know the circumstances
better than our Lord, but we really don’t. Not only does God know what we will
do; He knows why we’re going to do it. (Sometimes, I still don’t know why I do
what I do!)

So for today, let us purpose to do what God would have us do. Let us reach the
lost with encouraging words and deeds. Let’s minister to one another with tasks
that are worthy of “well done” (Matthew 25:21) by our Savior. God knows the
reason we do everything. Nothing we do, think, say, or feel will escape God’s
attention. Let’s honor Him today in all we do.

Lord, I don’t always understand why I do things, but I know that You know me
intimately. Help me to live by the leading of Your Spirit today and to please
You in all I do and say. In Jesus’ name, amen. October 3–9. Pete Anderson lives
in Florida with his wife and younger son. When not teaching the fourth grade,
he enjoys going on mission trips and leading worship.
This devotion is from the 365 Devotions® application by Standard Publishing.