[oajfp] Open Access Journal of Forensic Psychology

  • From: "Gregory DeClue Ph. D. ABPP" <gregdeclue@xxxxxx>
  • To: OAJFP@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:39:32 -0400

News:

1. CE credits are available now.  The training is APA-approved, sponsored by
Professional Resource Press.  Contact PRP at 800-443-3364 to obtain the CE
package.  This is a self-study program based on the articles in Volume 1: 2009
of OAJFP.  As always, the articles are provided free, making the CE program an
easily affordable opportunity.  (Please consider adding a donation to support
the journal.)

2. We've added a section, Honored Colleagues.  These are articles based on
acceptance speeches by honored colleagues.  Click "Honored Colleagues" at
http://www.forensicpsychologyunbound.ws/

Here are the first two:

Diane Follingstad.  The American Academy of Forensic Psychology presented a
Distinguished Contribution in Forensic Psychology Award to Dr. Follingstad in
Vancouver, B.C., in March 2010. Cite as:
Follingstad, D. (2010). Increasing complexity: Resisting simplification in
forensic psychology. Open access journal of forensic psychology, 2, HC10-HC22.

Thomas Grisso.  The American Academy of Forensic Psychology presented a Beth
Clark Distinguished Service Contribution Award to Dr. Grisso in Vancouver,
B.C., in March 2010. Cite as:
Grisso, T. (2010). Revisiting the future of forensic psychological assessment:
A 20-year check-up. Open access journal of forensic psychology, 2, HC1-HC9.

3. We've added a section for case studies.  Click "Case Studies" at
http://www.forensicpsychologyunbound.ws/

Here's the first one:

Mart, E. G., & Connelly, A. W. (2010). An unusual case of epileptic postictal
violence: Implications for criminal responsibility. Open Access Journal of
Forensic Psychology, 2, 49-58.
Abstract:  This article presents a case of postictal aggression and assault
that led to criminal charges and forensic psychological assessment.  A
systematic review of epilepsy and its association with acts of aggression and
criminality is provided to place the particulars of the instant case in
context.  Loss of consciousness and volitional control in relation to
epileptoid phenomena is reviewed, and practical suggestions for forensic
psychologists dealing with such cases are provided.

4. We continue to invite manuscripts of interest to forensic psychologists.
Please read "Instructions for Contributors" at
http://www.forensicpsychologyunbound.ws/

The following section editors welcome manuscripts or inquiries, or contact me
directly at
gregdeclue@xxxxxx

Forensic Training and Education - Ira Packer  Ira.Packer@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Risk Management - Mary Alice Conroy maconroy@xxxxxxxx

Child Forensic Psychology - Lois Condie  lois.condie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Legal Issues - John Matthew Fabian  john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sex Offenders - Anita Schlank  anita.schlank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Civil Practice - William E. Foote forNpsych@xxxxxxx

Forensic Instruments - Steve Rubenzer, Ph.D., ABPP (forensic)

Forensic Toolbox - Gregory DeClue gregdeclue@xxxxxx

Honored Colleagues - Phil Witt phwitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks from all at the OAJFP community.