[oagitm] Oregon itSMF LIG

  • From: "Morrie Volkov" <mvolkov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: andrew.plato@xxxxxxxxxxx, "BILLMAN Sue" <Sue.Billman@xxxxxxxxxxx>, BWesslund@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, CCole@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, clacrone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Cornman Jared R" <Jared.R.Cornman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Dave Northcraft" <davenor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, david.stucky@xxxxxxxxx <david.stucky@xxxxxxxxx>, Dean <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "dgardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx " <dgardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; ITSM Core: ; jennifer.s.hannan@xxxxxxxxxxx, John.G.Koreski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John.P.ADAMSKI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kenriques@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Linda.Eubank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mark Caillier" <markcaillier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, mbuchholz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mike Porterfield" <Mike_Porterfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nancy.Ohalloran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, oregongreg@xxxxxxxxxxx, Patricia.Whitfield@xxxxxxxxxxx, PBAGDRIWICZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, PRothi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, RDesrosiers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sameer.sahay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Steve.D.VITOLO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, vpuglia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, youso.chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 09:43:49 -0700

Since the itSMF Fusion 09 Conference there are a number of us trying to get an Oregon Local Interest Group (LIG) going for itSMF (http://www.itsmfusa.org). I've been involved at the national level with this organization for the last 2 years now. It is definitely the premier forum for advancement of IT Service Management best practices.

At this point, we are simply seeking expressions of interest from folks we know who might be interested or even invested in IT Service Management. We're trying to gather about 75 people so that we can take the next step and formally organize the LIG, hold a first meeting, etc.  If you are interested or know anyone who is, please send me a contact email address and we will add it to future mailings as we ramp up.Typically, LIGs meet once a month or so and offer free workshops, seminars, presentations, case studies, etc. on current IT Service Management topics - mainly provided by members. Thanks and I hope to hear from many of you.

Morrie Volkov
Marion County Information Technology
IT Service Management Office
555 Court St. NE