[oagitm] FW: Reports of telephone scam

  • From: "MASSE Theresa A * CIO" <theresa.a.masse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 17:44:12 +0000

OAGITM Members:

Just sending the following heads-up on a phone scam, other agencies have
reported a similar experience on land lines -- please share appropriately
within your organization.

Thanks,

Theresa A. Masse
Chief Information Security Officer
State of Oregon
Department of Administrative Services
Enterprise Security Office
503-378-4896
Data Classification 2 - Limited

Confidentiality Notice: This message, including any attachments or links, may
contain privileged, confidential and/or legally protected information.  Any
distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the intended
recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and
then delete all copies of the original communication, including any attachments
and/or links.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In the past few days some OPRD staff have received calls to their Agency cell
phones from someone claiming to be from Microsoft and requesting that they make
configuration changes to their computers.    When asked they say their callback
number is 1-800-490-7454 which appears to be some type of telemarketing
service.   We've warned our staff about this, but thought they might using
State cell phone records and hitting other Agencies.

Randy Fisher
Network Analyst
Oregon State Parks
503-986-0724