[oagitm] FW: Please Distribute - Reminder - SANS Mobile Device Security Course - June 12-13

  • From: CARECCIA John M <John.CARECCIA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 11:04:38 -0700

This is a reminder, we have 32 folks signed up for this outstanding SANS
offering.  Please consider participating, not only for this classes content,
but also the ability for us to continue to offer other SANS content using this
style of local delivery at the steeply discounted rates.  Thanks for your
consideration in advance.

John M. Careccia, GISP
LC IS CISO
125 East 8th Ave
Eugene, Or 97401
541-682-4575 W
541-359-8013 C

Just a reminder, once again, ESO is pleased to announce we are partnering with
our colleagues in local government and higher education to bring high-quality
SANS training to Oregon at significantly reduced cost:  Space at the on-site
venue in Salem is limited, so register early!

SANS - SEC571 Mobile Device Security

This course is designed to teach students about the threats organizations are
exposed to via the mobile devices on which they depend. This two-day hands on
class uses lecture, labs and real world experiences to educate the students
about mobile security within the enterprise. The class will explore how the
devices work, what implementation options are available, and how attackers are
abusing the organization. The students will also examine various remediation
strategies, policies, and solutions to these concerns.

Registration is open, and we encourage folks to sign-up as soon as possible - -
space is limited at the on-site venue.
CLASS DETAILS
Class Title         SEC571 :: Mobile Device Security
Class Dates       June 12-13, 2012
Class Times        7:30am-3:30pm Pacific time (PST)
Class Instructor     Kevin Johnson

Registration fee: SANS has discounted this class for State or Local government
employees and Higher Education to $715. Additionally, your training will be
subsidized an additional $100, so your price is only $615. (list price is
$1,700 )

*         SEC571: Mobile Device Security

*         Registration: (https://www.sans.org/registration/ivc.php?lid=27576)

You can attend this training live in one of two ways and still get your
additional $100 savings:

*         Instructor Host Site: Attend the Salem classroom with the SANS
Instructor. Select "Chemeketa Business Center" for this option. Then select
your Employment Status and submit.

Onsite attendance:
Chemeketa Community College CCBI
626 High Street NE
Salem, OR 97301

*         Webcast Individual Enrollment: Attend remotely at your home or
office. Select "Individual Enrollment State of Oregon Employee" for this
option. Then select your Employment Status and submit.

Remote attendance:
Remote via vLive  (requirements http://www.sans.org/vlive/requirements.php )

For questions, please contact - - Daryl Gilbertson - SANS Institute --
678-714-5712 (EST) --  DGilbertson@xxxxxxxx<mailto:DGilbertson@xxxxxxxx>