[oagitm] Re: Asset Tracking

  • From: "Jim Gardner" <jgardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<don.altermatt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 08:56:27 -0800

There is a product called spiceworks.  We use it to track everything hardware
related on our network.  We use the free version as it does everything we need
it to for the size of our organization.

Jim Gardner
Information Systems Manager
Central Services Department
(503)325-8662
jgardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> "Altermatt Don" <don.altermatt@xxxxxxxxxxx> 1/26/2011 8:34 AM >>>

I am curious as to what agencies are using for inventory systems/asset
tracking.  I have been tasked to find an agency-wide system.  We have multiple
locations, remote offices, as well as indoor-outdoor functions.

I am interested in what you may be using.  What is working well, and what could
be better.

Thank you for your time.

Don Altermatt
Information Systems Manager
Facilities, Information and Technology
Department of Public Safety Standards & Training
4190 Aumsville Hwy S.E.
Salem, OR  97317-8981
(503) 378-2316

This message has been prepared on resources owned by Clatsop County, Oregon.
It is subject to the Internet and Online Services Use Policy and Procedures of
Clatsop County.