[nycsynth] Synth Meetup this Tuesday (June 18th)

  • From: Seth Elgart <seth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nycsynth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 18:41:55 -0400

Hey! It's been a while since I sent anything to the list, but I wanted to let you all know about the next New York Sample, Synth and Sequencer Meetup. It's going to be this Tuesday evening at 7pm, once again at the Book Cafe on Staten Island. It's very easy to get to, even if you don't have a car, as it's only a few blocks from the ferry terminal. There's pretty easy street parking available as well.

The one we did in early May was a lot of fun. Four people came, three with laptops and me with my Little Phatty. This month we have 5 people who have said they're definitely coming with 3 more maybes. I'm going to bring my laptop to this one, but hardware is certainly welcome (as long as you're willing to carry it around, that is).

To come to the meetup you need to join the Meetup web site. It's free, and so far I haven't gotten any junk mail from joining so it seems pretty safe. The web site is at

   http://musicians.meetup.com/337/

Come on people, there's going to be at least two people from the AH list in attendance. I hope to see more of you there!

            Seth

PS I'm going to see Allan Holdsworth play BB King's on Wednesday night. The Mahavishnu Project will also play (I'm not sure if they're "merely" opening or if Holdsworth will play with them, though). Just thought I'd mention it if anyone's interested.