Re: [nvda-translations] keyCommand.t2t

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 11:42:27 +0100

To add to what Ondrej already said:

So in practise because the Greek userGuide has not been translated, what you
could do is as follows:

1. open english and greek userguides, (english can be found in
ug-diffs/xxx/userGuide.t2t, greek is directly in el/userGuide.t2t).
2. look through the english manual, and look at the headings, copy them over
and translate them.
headings look like this:
= this is a heading at level 1 =
== this is a heading at level 2 ==
+ this is a heading at level 1 with a number +
++ this is a heading at level 2 with a number ++

etc

3. As you move down the english userGuide, you will see special commands
starting with "%kc:", without quotes.
in the different sections, you will find special commands that are used for
extracting the information to make the keyCommands file, copy
them under the right greek section heading and translate.
first one looks like this:

++ Basic key commands ++

%kc:beginInclude

|| Name | Key | Description |

| Stop speech | Control | Instantly stops speaking |

| Pause Speech | Shift | Instantly pauses speech. Pressing it again will
continue speaking where it left off (if pausing is supported by the
current synthesizer) |

| NVDA Menu | NVDA+n | Pops up the NVDA menu to allow you to access
preferences, tools and help etc |

| Toggle Speech Mode | NVDA+s | Toggles speech mode between speech, beeps and
off. |

| Toggle Keyboard Help Mode | NVDA+1 | Pressing any key in this mode will
report the key, and the description of any NVDA command associated
with it |

| Quit NVDA | NVDA+q | Exits NVDA |

| Pass next key through | NVDA+f2 | Tells NVDA to pass the next key press
straight through to the active application, even if it is normally
treeted as an NVDA key command |

| Toggle application sleep mode on and off | NVDA+shift+s | sleep mode disables
all NVDA commands and speech/braille output for the current
application. This is most useful in applications that provide their own speech
or screen reading features. Press this command again to disable
self voicing mode. |

%kc:endInclude

Note that your editor may wrap long lines, so please be careful.

4. As you progress you should commit, and you will slowly see keyCommands.html
growing, and userGuide.html will be a placeholder, and when you
have more time you can easely go back and add the untranslated paragraphs.

Thanks,
Mesar