Re: [nvda-translations] Quite important: contracted braille input is under testing

  • From: derek riemer <driemer.riemer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 13:02:17 -0600

If you don't have a braille display, you can test with a virtual one.

http://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/pcKeyboardBrailleInput.en.html

On 10/13/2016 11:13 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi everyone,

Impacts local communities, so please spread this widely:

For some time, NV Access and other contributors were researching methods of letting users input text using contracted braille via a braille display. -I’m delighted to announce that a test version (in the form of a next branch snapshot) is now available (next-13643).

More information on this effort can be found at:

And:

Issues to be tested include:

*General experience when entering text in contracted braille in various situations.

* Entering text using various tables, including Unified English Braille (UEB), various English and other language tables and others.

* Other unexpected situations.

If you have feedback:

·GitHub users: please comment on issues 2439 and/or 6449.

·Send an email to James Teh (NV Access) at Jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>.

·Contact braille contributors, including I (Joseph Lee; new UEB table set, Korean braille tables and BrailleNote), Leonard (HIMS products), Davy Kager (Liblouis and Dutch tables), Michel Such (French translator), Derek Riemer (UEB input tester) and others.

·Some of us have Twitter handles (Jamie’s is @jcsteh, mine is @joslee, Derek’s is @derekriemer) and others. You can also use #NVDASR hashtag or mention @NVAccess.

As this is an important feature, please test this feature widely. Thanks, and I and others look forward to reading your feedback.

Cheers,

Joseph

   Derek Riemer

 * Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
 * Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
 * Open source enthusiast.
 * Member of Bridge Cu
 * Avid skiier.