Re: [nvda-translations] Problem in removal

  • From: "DINAKAR T.D." <td.dinkar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 16:57:35 +0530

Thanks Mesar. Shall try out and let you know.

DINAKAR

On 29/09/2012 2:06 PM, Mesar Hameed wrote:
Hi Dinakar,

Please try:

svn resolve --accept=working ug-diffs\5443
svn cleanup
svn commit -m "commit local changes."

if it still refuses to work, it might be quickest to checkout a new copy
from scratch instead of trying to fight with svn, so close the terminal.

on j drive copy your ta/userGuide.t2t out to j:\translation, using the
file explorer.
then just delete the screenReaderTranslations directory (again from the
file explorer)
now you just have translation folder, and inside it userGuide.t2t.

go outside translation, make sure it is selected, and do git bash here.
now we are back in the terminal we ask svn to download the repository again:

svn checkout http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/screenReaderTranslations

wait some time while everything is downloaded
and at the end it should say something like checked out revision 5345
now we close the terminal.

now we have screenReaderTranslations and userGuide.t2t inside
translation.

move back userGuide.t2t into ta folder using file explorer.

At this point we should be back to normal and yu should be able to
commit.

Thanks,
Mesar
On Sat 29/09/12,10:45, DINAKAR T.D. wrote:
Hi Mesar,

I checked the 5443 folder. It contains only the .svn folder and all
other files have been deleted.

As per your instructions, I executed the following commands and got
the error messages as under:

$ svn revert ug-diffs\5443
Skipped 'ug-diffs5443'

$ svn status
M       userGuide.t2t
   L     ug-diffs
?     C ug-diffs\5443
   local delete, incoming edit upon update
$ svn revert \ug-diffs\5443\userGuide.t2t
Skipped 'ug-diffs5443userGuide.t2t'

$ svn revert ug-diffs/5443
svn: In file '..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_wc\tree_conflicts.c' line
570: assertio
n failed (strcmp(dir_path, svn_path_dirname(victim_path, pool)) == 0)

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.

I removed the .svn folder in 5443 and ran the above commands again.
But, the same error messages are displayed.

Thanks,

DINAKAR

On 28/09/2012 08:40 PM, Mesar Hameed wrote:
Hi Dinakar,

Sorry that the first didnt work.
Please try this:

>from windows file explorer
in 5443 do you have unexpected files?
maybe something like userguide.t2t.mine
userguide.t2t.r5127

if so delete them directly from the explorer window.
we only want our normal files to be there.

svn status
should show exactly what files it thinks still have problems.

then try
svn revert ug-diffs\5443\*
or with forward slash instead:
svn revert ug-diffs/5443/*

if this still doesnt work, do:

svn status

and note the conflicted files
then revert each one individually like this
svn revert ug-diffs/5443/userguide.t2t
svn revert ug-diffs/5443/log.txt

If it still doesnt work, please show us the output of svn status so that we can
see where exactly the problem might be.

I can also now be reached on skype: mhameed-nvda

Thanks.
Mesar
On Fri 28/09/12,20:21, DINAKAR T.D. wrote:
Hi Mesar,

I carried out the revert command. But nothing has happened. The
problem persists. I am not able to commit further translations in
userguide.t2t file.

Need your intervention.

Thanks,

DINAKAR

On 27/09/2012, Mesar Hameed<mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>   wrote:
Hi Dinakar,

Please try:
svn revert ug-diffs

this will ignore any modifications and return the files as they are on
the server.

then delete and commit as normal:

Mesar
On Thu 27/09/12,20:42, DINAKAR T.D. wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.

All the files in 5443 have been deleted. The problem is with
committing with the removal.

I deleted the 5443 folder manually and tried to update. But there is
again a error message that there is one conflict.

DINAKAR

On 27/09/2012 08:31 PM, Ondrej Rosik wrote:
Hmm, i recomed following
1) save your changes.T2T somewhere for backup purposes
2) do the svn update
3) check     if something changed
4) delete the old files and copy the back up changes.T2T to your
translations folder
5) commit the changes

Dňa 27.9.2012 16:47 DINAKAR T.D.  wrote / napísal(a):
Hi Mesar,

I have completed translation of ug-diff 5443 and committed the same.

I deleted the ug-diff 5443 folder, while the t2t under 5443 was open in
Notepad.

While committing the removal, I got the following message:

svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Aborting commit:
'J:\Translation\screenReaderTranslations\ta\ug-diffs\5443'
  remains in conflict

Dinakaran@DINAKARAN-PC /j/Translation/screenReaderTranslations/ta
$

How to complete the removal of ug-diff 5443?

DINAKAR