Re: [nvda-translations] Korean input: some concerns and problems

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 23:14:56 +0100

Hi Joseph,

I dont know if you saw this or not, but Mick has just recently set up a list
where these issues will be discussed.
It would be great if you can give him feedback on that list, since he is
currently working on adding input method support for asian languages.

Best wishes,
Mesar

Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 21:32:05 +1000
From: Michael Curran <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: NVDA screen reader development <nvda-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [NVDA-dev] A new NVDA dev list for Asian character input

Hi all,

Today I created a new email list for people interested in contributing
to NVDA's support for Asian character input, which I am currently
working on in the inputMethods branch.

Info on the list or to join, go to:

The goal with this work is to allow users to efficiently enter asian
characters (specifically Chinese and Japanese) using NVDA, which
includes reading of candidate characters, and navigation of the
composition string. This also includes better announcement of input
method switching.

I would like to thank both the TDTB in Taiwan and the HKBU in Hong Kong
for funding this particular project.

Thanks
Mick