Re: [nvda-translations] Input composition

  • From: "DINAKAR T.D." <td.dinkar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2012 11:55:08 +0530

Thanks Joseph.

DINAKAR

On 31/08/2012 09:32 PM, Ondrej Rosik wrote:
Hi,
i am forwarding the Jozeph lee's message from yesterday:

Hi,
These messages comes from inputMethods branch, which was used to test Asian character input such as ones found in Chinese, Japanese and Korean. Here are
their meanings (based on what I can find on the net):
* Candidate: For CJK languages : candidates can be thought of as suggested letters for a character. At least in Korean, some characters sound the same when spoken but use different pictorial representations, while in Chinese, many may look the same but has different meanings when spoken. So when a CJK
typist types a character, a candidate list comes up, offering a list of
suggestions, or candidates, thereby helping the user type what he or she
intended to type.
* Shapes: CJK characters use rectangular cursor when typing or navigating
text. Some use full square cursor while others may only take half the size.
Thus, both full shape and half shape exists to facilitate this difference
(usually found in Japanese input).
* Input names in Japanese: I think, unless Japanese translation team says
otherwise, we should leave it at their present value.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Joseph

Dňa 31.8.2012 16:46 DINAKAR T.D.  wrote / napísal(a):
Hi Team,

What is this "Input composition" introduced in the updated nvda.po file?

What do the strings such as "candidate", "katakana", etc., refer to?

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

DINAKAR