[nvda-translations] a translation question

  • From: Cagri Dogan <cagrid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 23:36:52 +0300

Hi Mesar and comrades,
I'm Cagri who is trying to maintain Turkish translation of our screen reader. Actually I think it's more than a screen reader, maybe it should be called system reader. Anyway, I need your support to add Kurdish language to NVDA. Actualy a friend from Turkish NVDA users asked me to guide him to start the process of translation into Kurdish. But the problem is, he don't know English. So, he wants to translate from Turkish into Kurdish if possible. I thought supplying the TR symbols.dic, NVDA.po and user-guide.t2t files and guiding him to replace Turkish expressions with Kurdish ones using a text editor. But, I don't have any idea how he can maintain translation task after all. That is, after commiting the Kurdish translation, he will need English knowledge to follow the changes in related files, because it's the main language of NVDA. I hope I've clearly explain the situation. Do you have any suggestion about this? Thanks in advance, Çağrı DOğan