[nvda-translations] Possibly OT: International NVDA users conference scheduled for March 1, 2014 via TeamTalk

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 20:31:45 -0800

Dear fellow translators:

As some of us may know, I'm planning an international NVDA users conference
where we can get together, talk and have a Q&A session with Mick and/or
Jamie and introduce others to the translations process. As such, I need
assistance from you and your language community in two areas:

.         Promotion: I and Beqa, the Russian translator decided to use a
TeamTalk server provided by one of our translators. This allows users to get
to know Teamtalk and have virtually unlimited audience (limited by
bandwidth). Thus once the plan is finalized (some time in early February),
we'll send an announcement to various NVDA lists detailing how users around
the world can join us for the conference. If you'd like to promote this
event in your language community, please do so.

.         Looking for a possible host/panel for NVDA translations workshop:
as part of the users conference, I'm planning a workshop where users can ask
us about how to translate NVDA into their language and go through a short
demos of software and actual translations process, including translating
nvda.po files, various t2t files and add-ons. So may I ask for some
volunteers who can come to the conference and serve as a host or part of a
panel of translators to give users talks about the translations process,
demo some software and answer questions that users may have on translations?
I think we need at least three translators (one of them acting as a host).
And Mesar, if you can, I'd like to invite you to this workshop and may I ask
that you serve as a possible host and/or a member of the translators panel?
Thanks.

Thank you. Hope to see you at the conference on March 1, 2014.

Cheers,

Joseph