[nvda-addons] Re: new to addon development, some questions

  • From: Noelia <nrm1977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 05:02:51 +0200

Hi, as examples of add-ons related to this, personally I know eMule and teamViewer, that previously used object relative positions and then migrate to windowUtils features, which demonstrate to be better specially for TeamViewer, since in this case the previous approach produced a bug when TeamViewer version and object positions changed.

I also use the dev info provided by NVDA (NVDA+f1 keystroke by default), and sometimes I used AccProbe:
http://accessibility.linuxfoundation.org/a11yweb/util/accprobe/
The mentioned add-ons are in the community website.
Thanks.
El 19/04/2016 a las 0:49, mohammad suliman escribió:

hi NVDA add-on developers,
I am new to NVDA addon development, and I have some questions:
what is the best way to fix keyboard navigation of an application?
if you can point out to some addon which does this, it will be excellent.
I have 2 ideas, but following the common practice is better for sure.
another question:
how do you explore the object model of the app you wish to write the addon for?
using NVDA object navigation and console?
using some accessibility inspection tool?
sorry if the answer of the questions is documented some where, will appreciate if you point me to that documentation.
thank you,
Mohammad