[nvda-addons] Re: commit/addonFiles: 5 new changesets

  • From: Noelia <nrm1977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 12:35:27 +0200

Yes, it's required if we want it can be on stable add-ons page.
Thanks.

El 13/06/2015 a las 12:33, Bhavya shah escribió:

Hi,
I will try to do some basic testing for the Teamviewer add-on if
required. Good to see that this add-on has resurrected.
Thanks.

On 6/13/15, Noelia <nrm1977@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, I agree with Chris. I have detected a bug in Emoticons, not
critical: when another settings dialog is opened and then we open Insert
Emoticons dialog, NVDA doesn't announce this, just shows an error
without the corresponding message.
I will fix this in a dev version and will post it to the website in
add-ons under development. I all is right, we can release the next
stable version in two weeks, as the issue can be fixed just changing a
line in the source code.
Thanks.

El 13/06/2015 a las 11:12, ChrisLeo escribió:
Hi.
In my opinion, any additional feature are welcome, and Also please keep
in mind the following considerations:
1. Initially the addon was born to read the emoticons and smilies that
someone sends us in chat, mail etc...
2. The addon allows to insert only classics smilies and some older
smilies used in Skype.
3. Each program of chat allows insert the appropriate and right smilies
or emoticon.

If I send an emoticon copied from a different program, like emoticons
addon, it is likely that the chat program I'm using does not recognize
it.
E.g: the short code "(heart)" or "(y)" used in Skype probably it is not
valid in IRC programs chat.
About emoji and unicode characters, for example in Facebook chat They
are recognized, but when I send a smiling heart in facebook mobile with
spanish interface, the recipient receives only little squares or
something like that.
For this I recommend to use the tools provided by the programs chat to
insert emoticons.
Thanks for all your observation,
and... ;) Thanks to all the translators, I know it was not easy. :)

Chris.

Alaisha7, 13/06/2015 04:04:
Hi, about emoticons, will it ever be possible to paste an emoticon in to
conversation that's one you've added to the dictionary? It's very
frustrating when I get someone to tell me what an emoticon is, because
it isn't in the list, and I added to dictionary, and it reads it, but
then I can not incorporate said emoticon in to conversation, because
it's only in my dictionary.