[nvda-addons] Problem with the Vocalizer for NVDA addon

  • From: Isak Sand <isak.sand@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 13:02:44 +0300

Hello,

I purchased the Vocalizer for NVDA a few days ago and I've been
testing it on three different machines. On two of them, the activation
won't go through. When I choose "Activate License" and put in my login
details, I get the following error message:

Error verifying credentials: Can not connect to Vocalizer for NVDA
server. Please check if your
internet connection is working.
OK

The internet connection is surely working and I have been trying this
many times since monday. First I thought that the reason was some
server issues on Vocalizer's side, but the activation actually was
successful on one of my machines, on which I, however, don't really
need Vocalizer for NVDA.

The following appears in the NVDA Log:

ERROR -
external:globalPlugins.vocalizer_expressive_globalPlugin.dialogs.EnterCredentialsDialog.onOk
(12:54:15):
Error validating vocalizer credentials.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File
"C:\Users\Järjestelmänvalvoja\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\vocalizer_expressive_driver\globalPlugins\vocalizer_expressive_globalPlugin\dialogs.py",
line 171, in onOk
File
"C:\Users\Järjestelmänvalvoja\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\vocalizer_expressive_driver\globalPlugins\vocalizer_expressive_globalPlugin\dialogs.py",
line 191, in validateCredentials
File "gui\__init__.pyo", line 775, in __init__
URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate
verify failed (_ssl.c:581)>

Are there any suggestions how to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Isak