[nvda-addons] NVDA & REplay Media Catcher 6 DVR browser question

  • From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrogia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 18:11:46 -0400

If this is the wrong list then where to post? Regular NVDA list?
I know the developer for Replay Media Catcher 6 and I need some info on how to
tell him how to make his DVR browser act like a browser for us blind folks.
Currently I do not hear links or text on his DVR browser which is built within
Replay Media Catcher. Using the tab key and screen review did not work for me
the last time I checked it but will check it out tomorrow again.
So what tips can I give him?
I cannot log in the way things are with the DVR browser.

Here is more info for you below.
to your question about Hulu and Netflix:

You wouldn't want to have another browser open to the specified service, like
Netflix, Hulu or other. This is because you'd be signed in to the other browser
but would also need to sign in to the service with the integrated DVR Browser.
The service would not let you have the content open in 2 browsers. I just tried
this with Netflix by signing in on Firefox and then opening the DVR Browser.
So, it is best to select the Digital Video Recording method. Then click the
World icon so that the DVR Browser appears. By default the home page appears
which displays all of the compatible services. One can scroll through each
service, click on Netflix for example, and Netflix will appear in the
integrated browser. One would then sign in as they normally would and scroll or
search to whatever content they are looking to play. Once playing, one can
click the Record button. Or, one can paste the URL into the URL filed of the
DVR Browser window and click the Record button.

Hypothetically, one can use a different browser to sign in to a service and
locate the URL of the content. They can then paste the URL into the URL field
in the main interface of RMC6, log out of the service, and then click the
Digital Video Recorder icon. This will open the DVR Browser and prompting log
in for that service within the DVR Browser. Recording would follow the same
steps as above.