[nvda-addons] ClipContent Designer: Hindi alphabets cannot be used as appended strings separaters

  • From: Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons <nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 16:23:32 +0530

Hi,
Steps to reproduce
Open the ClipContent Designer Settings dialog.
Enter a string of Hindi alphabets, for example 'हम', in the 'Type the
text to be used a separator for the strings appended to the
clipboard'.
Hit the Ok button.
Now re-open the Clip Content Designer Settings dialog, and notice that
instead of 'हम', the previous appended string separator is still used.
You can also practically append text and then paste them, and the
result will be the same, NVDA will use the previous separator instead
of the newly entered Hindi one.
If the newly entered separator contains both ENglish and Hindi
alphabets, still the previous separator will be used.
I have been able to consistently reproduce this bug quite some times
now, and my guess would be that this bug would apply to other Indian
languages as well rather than only Hindi, but I haven't any way to
confirm my hunch.
--
Warm Regards
Bhavya