[ntnm] Re: Saturday papers?

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ntnm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 22:42:07 +0100

For the benefit of  anyone that did not  receive RNIB's update on Friday.

The update said:

"Please note that the website will be unavailable on Monday 2 June
between 12 noon and 4pm. This is due to essential work to upgrade the
disk space in the hardware server, which will help to future proof the
service as we continue to add new features. We hope to keep disruption
to a minimum.

We have been preparing the questionnaire for the survey which we have
previously mentioned. We had initially planned to distribute the survey
by the end of this month, but we are looking to delay this until after
the email delivery system is up and running. As some of the questions
are with regard to how the content of the publications is presented, we
want to ensure that those of you who have been waiting for the email
option to become available before interacting with the new style, have
the opportunity to try those styles before being asked what you think of
them.

We are continuing work on the email delivery service. We are making
progress, but have, unfortunately, hit a technical snag with regard to
switching on the full service and need a little more time to ensure a
successful launch. We will advise you of the launch date as soon as we
are able.

In the meantime, we have, in the last few days, deployed some new
features on the site in response to your feedback. Firstly, we are now
able to provide both the current and previous issues of magazines. From
now on, when we upload the latest edition of a magazine, it will appear
on the site in addition to the previous edition.

Secondly, we have added an additional option for browsing through the
magazine range. You can now browse through an alphabetical list, or
browse by category.

In addition, we have added the issue date into each filename so that
when you download an item, the date is within the filename to help
identify each edition when you come back to them later. Any publication
added to the site from now on will have this feature. This will be a
particularly useful for those using the ePub version through ibooks.

We are also pleased to report that the Irish Times will become available
next week. At this stage, we are able to publish the Monday to Friday
editions (excluding Bank Holidays), and are working on adding the
Saturday edition shortly.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologise to those customers
who were unable to access the Radio Guide dated 24 May. Unfortunately,
this did not load up correctly to the site. The information was included
in the Radio and TV Guides compilation title, which we hope people will
have found as an alternative."