[ntnm] New subscriber needs initial help

  • From: Ian Harrison <harrisonclan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ntnm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ntnm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 14:43:38 +0100

Hello listers.

I want to keep separate any arguments about the RNIB changes from a need to get
back reading again, so would be very grateful for some tips.

My main way to read papers and mags is on my iphone 4s. When TNAUK was in
charge, I had no problems using the multipage html format, opening each article
in a new page. This system also allowed me to save articles for future reading.
It seems I can no longer have mags such as Computer Shopper in this format.
Even worse, opening the file on my iphone causes it to seriously stutter or
totally crash when trying to navigate any in page links.

I am currently trying to read the same publications in an app called Voice
Dream reader, but can't seem to find a quick way to browse to articles of
interest.

What is the best way to read such magazines and select individual articles of
interest?

Many thanks in advance
Ian Harrison