[NTA HRC] NTA/HRC 8th Annual Scholarship Tennis Tournament

  • From: Michael Bell <Michael.Bell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: NTAHamptonRoads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:03:40 -0400

Friends of NTA/HRC,

Our 8th Annual Scholarship Tennis Tournament is less than two months away. The NTA Open is August 5th--7th at Hampton Tennis Center. This is our major fundraising event for our scholarship program. We need everyone's participation to make it a success.

For a donation of just $25, your name can be listed on our tournament T-shirt. Send an e-mail to our Treasurer, Elijah.C.Kent@xxxxxxxx so we know how to list your name, and follow it up my mailing your check to NTA Hampton Roads Chapter, P. O. Box 9334, Hampton VA 23670. Alternatively, donations may be given to James Feilds, Michael Bell, Elijah Kent, or Yolanda L. Hinton.

Please solicit donations from your friends and business associates. We are asking businesses for donations of $100 or more to get their names on the shirt; $250 or more to get their company logos on the shirt. We need all names and artwork by this Friday, July 29th. Corporate Sponsorship packages available upon request. <m.bell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

All donors, individual and corporate, will receive a T-shirt. Please let us know your size so we can reserve it for you.

We also need people to help out at the tournament the weekend of August 5th--7th at Hampton Tennis Center. You don't need to know much about the game. We'll need help with registration Friday from 5:30 - 9 p.m. and Saturday beginning at 8 a.m. We'll be checking the players in, collecting their fees and giving them their T-shirts. We need help with court maintenance all weekend (the clay has to be swept and the lines cleared every few hours); and if we get enough help, we will be grilling food and selling drinks and snacks on Saturday and Sunday. And you'll get to watch some great tennis!

Please volunteer now. Reply to this e-mail, or call James Fields, Yolanda Hinton, or me at the numbers below, and let us know what hours you can be there. Players can register by sending an e-mail to NTATennis@xxxxxxxxx with your name, phone number, partner's name and phone number (if applicable) and the events you want to enter. We will have men's and ladies' rated singles and doubles, and mixed doubles.

Let's all join together to make this another fun and successful event!

Yolanda (757) 864-4950
James (757) 864-5565
Michael (757) 864-5313
Michael Bell