[NTA HRC] Fwd: 7th NSBE-HRAE GB Mtg Monday, Mar 26, 2007

  • From: "Yolanda L. Hinton" <Yolanda.L.Hinton@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ntahamptonroads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:13:37 -0400

Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 02:48:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: NSBE-HRAE Contact <nsbehrae_contact@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 7th NSBE-HRAE GB Mtg Monday, Mar 26, 2007
To: NSBEHRAE_Contact <nsbehrae_contact@xxxxxxxxx>

7th General Body Meeting for 2006-2007
When: Monday March 26, 2007
Where: Peninsula Workforce Center (ODU Peninsula Center), 2235
Time: 6:00pm ? 8:00pm<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> Contact: nsbehrae_contact@xxxxxxxxx or <mailto:odulanaoa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>odulanaoa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings NSBE Fam,

Come join us for the 7th NSBE-HRAE General Body Meeting, Monday night, March 26, 2007. We welcome Horace Washington to our meeting as speaker on the subject of real estate and investing. Mr. Washington is a very dynamic speaker and will certainly get you excited about your earning potential through real estate and investing. So Tivo "I Love New York" if you have to but don't miss out on this opportunity to learn about money making tips for investing.

NSBE-HRAE has rescheduled the Virginia Beach STIHL Plant tour for April 16th from 9:15 until 11:30 AM. There are still a few slots available so those interested in joining the tour group can contact Lenny Brooks, <http://us.f341.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=Lenair.Brooks@xxxxxxx>Lenair.Brooks@xxxxxxxx Keep in mind, this is an industrial facility so consider wearing casual to semi-business casual attire and comfortable shoes for walking. I would recommend no loose or baggy clothing or spiked/stiletto heels. For any other questions please contact Lenny Brooks at the email address above.

Are you an African American Aeronautical Engineer who is a freelance sole proprietor or part owner of his/her own engineering company? Tristram Metcalfe is seeking talent with such credentials and may have an opportunity for you. Please feel free to contact him using the information below. And forward the information on so that others may benefit as well.
Tristram W. Metcalfe III, AIA  NCARB  NY MA CT
twm33@xxxxxxxxxxx
142  Main St. Northampton, Mass 01060
P 413.586.5775 F586.2577
M 413.695.8200

RSVP by March 28, 2007

The Hampton Roads Chapter of the Society of Women Engineers is pleased to host a
Combined Student and Professional Forum on

?Trailblazers:  Seeing Opportunities Not Obstacles?

Guest Panelists are:

The National Aeronautical and Space Administration?s
Lesa Roe, Director, Langley Research Center

Virginia Commonwealth University?s
Dr. Rosalyn S. Hobson, Associate Professor,

The United States Army Research Laboratory?s
Yolanda Hinton, Mechanical Engineer

Northrop Grumman Newport News Sector?s
Jenifer Solomon, Construction Manager,
 Production Refueling and Nuclear Support

 Wednesday, April 18, 2007
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Omni Hotel, Newport News

Cost (includes dinner and dessert): $30
Students: $15.00

RSVP to <http://us.f341.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=Sharon%20.Callahan@xxxxxxx>Sharon .Callahan@xxxxxxx or 380-7829 by March 28, 2007

Deadline for Ticket Purchase is April 4, 2007
(Make checks payable to SWE-HR)

Panel discussions will focus on achievement, making a positive impact, roadmap to success, mentorship, change management, key performance, embracing process excellence, exuding confidence, decision-making, and leadership. Participants are encouraged to submit questions in advance to <http://us.f341.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=Sharon.Callahan@xxxxxxx>Sharon.Callahan@xxxxxxxx

And last but certainly not least, one of our own is celebrating a birthday this Friday. Come celebrate with Nicole Woods this Friday at Roger Brown's in Portsmouth, 8-11pm. See the attached flyer for details.

Check out the NSBE-HRAE website at www.nsbehrae.org for our up-to-date calendar of events, pictures, and much more.

We look forward to seeing you at the next NSBE-HRAE meeting, Mar. 26, from 6-8pm at the ODU Peninsula Center. Directions to the ODU Peninsula Center are posted below.

Directions from Norfolk Area:

Take I-64 West through the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel to Exit 262B (Magruder/NASA/Poquoson Exit). Stay in the left lane on Magruder. At the third traffic light, turn left onto Butler Farm Rd. The Peninsula Center is located approximately 3/4 mile on the right in the Peninsula Workforce Development Center, just before the TNCC campus. The Peninsula Center is on the second floor.

Directions from Richmond Area:

Take I-64 East to Exit 261B (Hampton Roads Center Parkway East). Exit at Magruder Blvd. At the stoplight, turn left onto Magruder (134 North). At the first traffic light past the Parkway interchange, turn left onto Butler Farm Rd. The Peninsula Center is located approximately 3/4 mile on the right in the Peninsula Workforce Development Center, just before the TNCC campus. The Peninsula Center is on the second floor.

Regards,
Rotmi Odulana
NSBE-HRAE Vice President and Communications Chair

<mailto:nsbehrae_contact@xxxxxxxxx>nsbehrae_contact@xxxxxxxxx
www.nsbehrae.org

[]

JPEG image