[NTA] For students

  • From: "Ericsson, Aprille J. (GSFC-5000)" <aprille.j.ericsson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 18:50:51 +0000

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: "Watford, Bevlee" <deuce@xxxxxx>
  • To: "thelist@xxxxxxxxxx" <thelist@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 23:36:33 +0000
Please share this information about this opportunity with your student
populations.  Contact ceed@xxxxxx<mailto:ceed@xxxxxx> if you have questions.

1.       DEADLINE: March 10, 2014 The College of Engineering at Virginia Tech
is committed to increasing the diversity of the engineering professional
community. As part of that commitment, CEED is pleased to host the first
Recruiting Initiative for Student Engineers (RISE) event this spring. Current
High school sophomores who are interested in engineering are invited to join us
in Blacksburg, Virginia where you will meet students, alumni, staff, and
faculty who want to introduce you to VT and what we have to offer.  There is no
cost for this program.

[cid:image002.jpg@01CF2EE6.3D59BA00]

Bevlee A. Watford, PhD, PE
Program Director, ENG/EEC
703-292-4763
bwatford@xxxxxxx<mailto:bwatford@xxxxxxx>
[NSF]<http://www.nsf.gov/careers/openings/index.jsp>[FB]<https://www.facebook.com/US.NSF>
 [LI]
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/national-science-foundation/careers?trk=top_nav_careers>
  [TW] <https://twitter.com/NSF_Vacancies>  [YT]
<http://www.youtube.com/user/VideosatNSF>

  • From: "Watford, Bevlee" <deuce@xxxxxx>
  • To: "thelist@xxxxxxxxxx" <thelist@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 23:31:15 +0000
Please share this information about this opportunity with your women student
populations.  Contact ceed@xxxxxx<mailto:ceed@xxxxxx> if you have questions.

DEADLINE: March 25, 2014  C-Tech2 - June 29 - July 12, 2014 Whether or not you
currently desire to be an engineer or scientist, this program can provide you
with the technological tools and knowledge you will find useful for any career.
What is C-Tech2? Virginia Tech’s College of Engineering invites you to
participate in a program called C-Tech2 - Computers and Technology at Virginia
Tech. A primary focus of the program is to help develop and sustain the
interests of women in engineering. The program allows you to explore
applications of engineering in a way that is fun and exciting. You will spend
the majority of your time involved in hands-on activities designed to increase
your interest in and knowledge of applications of engineering to real world
situations. The target population for the program is rising junior and senior
high school girls.  Applications are available at
http://www.eng.vt.edu/ctech2/apply.  SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE!!!!!

[...]

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image