[NTA] FW: your advice for a good candidate - position at OSU

  • From: "Ericsson, Aprille J. (GSFC-5050)" <aprille.j.ericsson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 19:44:49 -0600

Perhaps you can refer a good candidate ...

From: osu-engdiv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:osu-engdiv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<PaulChou-OSUengdiv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:PaulChou-OSUengdiv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Subject: your advice
To: "lburge@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lburge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<lburge@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lburge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>

Dear Legand,

We are assisting The Ohio State University (OSU) in identifying a pool of
exceptional candidates for the position of Associate Dean for Diversity and
Outreach in the College of Engineering (COE). The ideal candidate will be a
strategic and accomplished leader of both diversity and outreach programs
within the engineering field. Joining a strong leadership team within the COE,
it will be important that the new leader be forward thinking, collaborative,
and culturally conscientious, as well as bring a national perspective and
network to the COE. The Ohio State University and COE are committed to growing
and building an institutional culture of excellence in inclusiveness.

The Associate Dean for Diversity and Outreach leads, oversees, and manages the
College of Engineering’s diversity and outreach efforts. The Associate Dean
will be responsible for guiding the development and implementation of a
diversity and outreach strategic plan for the COE that aligns with the College
of Engineering’s current five year strategic plan and OSU’s overarching
institutional goals. The Associate Dean will provide visionary leadership for
the College’s student diversity programs, including the Women in Engineering
Program and the Minority Engineering Program. Additionally, s/he will lead and
coordinate the College Council on Diversity and use this body as a development
tool to work with departments to introduce policies and practices for improved
recruitment and retention of women and underrepresented minorities at the
student, staff, and faculty levels. For a full position description and further
information about The Ohio State University, please visit
http://engineering.osu.edu/

Given your background and experience, we assume you may have some ideas for
prospective candidates that you may be willing to bring to our attention. This
is a very high priority for the College so your input will be deeply
appreciated.

Thank you for your willingness to give this opportunity some thought, and we
hope you will feel free to reply should you have any ideas or further questions.

Sincerely,
Paul Chou, Senior Client Partner and Co-Managing Director, Global Education
Practice
Korn/Ferry International, Washington, DC

Rosa Morris, Senior Associate
Korn/Ferry International, Washington, DC

--
Lee Burge
Dean