[NTA] FW: Wow from 5th-11th grade: Summer Programs With IDEAL at Texas Tech University and Schlorships list

  • From: "Ericsson, Aprille J. (GSFC-5050)" <aprille.j.ericsson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 11:28:09 -0500

From: Blackshear-Reynolds, Donna M. (JSC-LD111)
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:56 PM
To: Blackshear-Reynolds, Donna M. (JSC-LD111)
Subject: Wow from 5th-11th grade: Summer Programs With IDEAL at Texas Tech
University and Schlorships list

Thanks efamily member and Principal of Gregg Elementary David Jackson. SEE
BELOW FOR SEVERAL WEEK LONG SUMMER PROGRAMS at TEXAS TECH UNIVERSITY. Also,
below efamily member Tyrone Byrd shared a scholarship listing that it doesn't
hurt to share again-my sister went on efamily member LaTricia Sells and the
Married Ladies Art and Charity Club's HBCU college tour last week during Spring
Break and she said THOUSANDS of SCHOLARSHIPS go UNCLAIMED according to
Admissions folks at several HBCUs they visited last week!  ..don't forget
efamily member Tyrone, a Dartmouth alum is very involved in Dartmouth
recruiting...if interested in more info on Dartmouth, let me know and you guys
can talk...

Daily Fair Fact...ok till Saturday you have to put up with me, there is a daily
Fair Fact...David's school, Gregg Elementary's Scouts will provide the Color
Guard at Saturday's Fair and the top winners at the Gregg Elementary Science
Fair to be held on March 22nd will also be featured at the Port Links Health,
Education, Science Fair and Carnival, Sat. March 23rd at 9:30am for Carnival
Rides...Fair and Program and South Central Sportz Baseball Opening Day begin at
10am, Fair until 1:30, Baseball games all day...concessions open at
10:30...bring a lawn chair and enjoy the day in the park 3502
Bellfort..Sunnyside Park. Port City Links have worked jointly with NASA
partners to provide Science Fair project development assistance and to host the
Science Fair at Gregg. You may recall my daughter Maria's Recycled Reads
project donated books to Gregg and Evan has an ongoing campaign "Project
Warm-Up" collecting jackets, coats, sweaters, blankets, benefiting families at
Gregg. I personally volunteered with the science fair project development
working with kids at Gregg and if not for our NASA and Links volunteers 1
Science Teacher would have 4 classes of students to assist with Science Fair
project development, supplies, review of reports, etc. Volunteer in a school,
our teachers need you!

Oh, one more fair fact- there will be scholarship and SAT prep experts at the
Fair with a BOOTH!!!
Donna