[NTA] FW: Wanted: Creative Writing Interns - ages 6-18

  • From: "Ericsson, Aprille J. (GSFC-5000)" <aprille.j.ericsson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 03:33:20 +0000

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Fwd: Wanted: Creative Writing Interns - ages 6-18
Date: October 24, 2014 at 4:28:30 PM EDT

Arthur Turner

Wanted: Creative Writing Interns! (DC/MD/VA)
compensation: Unpaid
internship
non-profit organization
A Creative Writing Non-Profit is looking for talented, smart, and dedicated
interns across the area to assist in our fall session.

Please check out our website for more information:
http://www.writopialab.org/internships.html

Our workshops are designed for kids ages 6-18. Our writers produce all range of
works, including stories, poems, plays, graphic novels, songs and more. All of
our instructors are published, experienced writers.

Interns help out with workshop set-up and clean-up, assisting instructors in
the classroom, working with kids, and serving as editors/proofreaders of
writer's work.

We are looking for interns with a passion for the art of the word and a love of
working with growing minds. You will be working in a hands-on, collaborative,
and fun environment.

We hold workshops in four locations: Tenleytown, Capitol Hill, Falls Church,
and Rockville. We need interns in all spots, but our main headquarters is
Tenleytown.

The internship will be from 2-6pm, beginning immediately through holiday break
in December, OR beginning immediately through the first week of June. Interns
can work out individual schedules after being hired.

This is an unpaid position. We are happy to give academic credit.

Please email a resume and a *brief* message about who you are, why this
position interests you, and any writing/teaching background.

----