[NTA] FW: The MLK Event in August

  • From: "Ericsson, Aprille J. (GSFC-5560)" <aprille.j.ericsson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 10:58:37 -0500

From: AMY T BILLINGSLEY [mailto:amytate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 11:13 AM
Subject: Fwd: The MLK Event in August

Begin forwarded message:

Date: July 28, 2011 7:19:39 PM EDT
Subject: The MLK Event in August

        Colleagues, family, friends, having just 'signed on' to attend several
of the Martin Luther King Memorial dedication events in late August, it
occurred to me that in the light of so much going on these days, some may have
missed news of this very important occasion here in Washington (August 22-28)
or may simply have not focused on it as yet. In either or any event, I thought
I might just send around a reminder that the dedication is taking place (the
first ever for an African American on the Mall); that it is expected to draw
people from around the country as well as from many foreign countries; and that
it is an historic event, comparable to The March.
        Although many of the addressees here are fraternity brothers, this is
by no means a single organization activity, except, of course, for the Martin
Luther King Memorial Foundation, which, under the veryable leadership of Harry
Johnson Sr., has raised over $120 million to bring this project to fruition.
Especially in the existing economic climate - not to mention the political one
-  this is an amazing feat.
        Individuals may acquaint themselves with various events taking place
during this historic observance and make their preparations on-line by
contacting the MLK Memorial.com<http://Memorial.com>. With a special set of
events projected, Alpha brothers are encouraged to become acquainted with them
and to register through APhiA headquarters, also on-line.

http://www.mlkmemorial.org/