[NTA] FW: Springfield College (flexible weekend courses to earn bachelors/masters degrees)

  • From: "Ericsson, Aprille J. (GSFC-5560)" <aprille.j.ericsson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 17:24:03 -0500

From: rr4361@xxxxxxx [mailto:rr4361@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 12:59 AM
To: RR4361@xxxxxxx
Subject: Springfield College (flexible weekend courses to earn
bachelors/masters degrees)

Thanks Dr. Dana for sharing (see Dana's note below).
I did some research and found that this college, which I was not familiar, is
one of the top tier in 2011 regionally in US News.
http://www.springfieldcollege.edu/homepage/dept.nsf/NT00045F9A/028F3BB37FC06BE585257782006BB58B

I was also not familiar with the career field of Human Services -- here's more
info on that! Pass the word! I love learning!

Transforming Careers and Communities
The academic programs of Springfield College’s School of Human Services are
designed to meet the needs of working adults who wish to earn a degree in human
services. Located in 11 locations throughout the country, the Springfield
College School of Human Services offers:

 *   Bachelor’s, master’s, and executive master’s programs in human services
 *   Weekend classes
 *   Human services degree completion in as little as 16 to 24 months
 *   Up to 72 credits may be brought into the undergraduate program through
transfer credit from a regionally accredited institution and/or experiential
learning (credit varies depending on state regulations).
 *   Financial aid for qualified students
 *   Personal attention from advisors and academic support services
Graduate classes normally meet one weekend each month, while undergraduate
classes meet two weekends per month. The schedule makes it possible for working
adults to attend college full-time and meet family needs while earning a human
services degree.

Why the Springfield College School of Human Services is better than other
degree programs in Human Services:

The Springfield College School of Human Services provides a rich learning
environment where classroom and community experience are intertwined. The
School’s human services degree programs promote proactive learning through
face-to-face interactions and vibrant discussion with colleagues. The School
also offers online courses via Pride Online which is powered by Moodle, a
learning management system that allows instructors to create effective distance
learning environments. It is also used in a web-enhanced manner with all SHS
face-to-face courses.

Earning a degree in human services from Springfield College is a rewarding and
interactive experience that cannot be replicated at any other degree program in
human services.
Career Outlook for Human Services

Human services is a broad and varied field where human service workers provide
essential services to specific populations at social and welfare agencies,
mental health agencies, nursing homes, and hospitals.

Addictions counselors, early childhood education teachers, and criminal justice
workers are examples of great careers in the field of human services. The job
outlook for those who earn a human services degree is excellent. The U.S.
Bureau of Labor Statistics has ranked the human services occupation among the
most rapidly growing in the country.

[http://www.spfldcol.edu/home.nsf/shs_photo_75_200.jpg]Read what some
Springfield College School of Human Services graduates have to say about the
program:

“Springfield College was one of the best learning experiences I’ve had in my
life. Before, I went to traditional schools where you learned by rote and took
a test. This college teaches you to become a community change agent. It’s an
inspiring process.”

-- Penny Willrich, Master of Science Degree in Human Services, School of Human
Services, San Diego, Calif.

Springfield College School of Human Services To Award Credit for Institute of
Chemical Dependency Studies Courses
Addiction counseling professionals will have smooth pathways to bachelor’s
degrees from the Springfield College School of Human Services (SHS), thanks to
a new agreement with the Institute of Chemical Dependency Studies (ICDS), based
in Houston, Texas, which has programs in 16 states nationwide. Read
more<http://www.springfieldcollege.edu/homepage/dept.nsf/953DE77B18E8D40585257418006D9D7A/C4926709455B684E852576AC005686DF>.