[NTA] FW: RIT- 9th Annual Future Faculty Career Exploration Program

  • From: "Ericsson, Aprille J. (GSFC-5560)" <aprille.j.ericsson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 14:29:42 -0600

From: Faculty Recruitment [mailto:facultyr@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2011 2:55 PM
To: Ericsson, Aprille J. (GSFC-5560)
Subject: RIT- 9th Annual Future Faculty Career Exploration Program

Dear Aprille Ericsson-Jackson,

Please take a moment to read about the rewarding opportunity to participate in
the Rochester Institute of Technology's Future Faculty Career Exploration
Program. If you are interested and meet the selection criteria we ask that you
complete the online application form and provide the requested documents.

The Future Faculty Career Exploration Program is an all-expense-paid visit to
RIT and Rochester, NY from September 28 through October 2, 2011.  RIT's 9th
annual Future Faculty Career Exploration Program (FFCEP) is one of a series of
recruitment strategies designed to fuel the future pipeline of diverse faculty.
This innovative program furthers RIT's diversity efforts by bringing students
nearing the end of their post doctoral, doctoral or MFA studies to Rochester to
receive the "RIT treatment." We also welcome applications from those that have
completed their degrees and junior faculty.

The FFCEP is a unique and exciting opportunity to explore potential career
choices through exploratory interviews; research presentations; meetings with
deans, department heads, and RIT's President; as well as participate in campus
and community tours. The program allows participants to discuss their academic
work and career interests with RIT deans and faculty as well as learning of
RIT's teaching and research agendas and vision.  Previous years' FFCEP programs
have resulted in thirteen faculty hires and a summer teaching experience.

Selection Criteria
*    An individual with the ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the
university's continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and
individual differences.
We are especially interested in applications from people of color who are
underrepresented and underserved in teaching professions
(i.e. African American, Latin American, American Indian, or Alaskan Native)
*    Within one year of receiving or already completed Ph.D., MFA, or Post
Doctoral assignment
*    Desire academic teaching career at an exceptional institution
*    Receiving degrees in Business, Liberal Arts, Science, Engineering, Applied
Science &
   Technology, Computing & Information Sciences, Imaging Arts & Sciences and
Sustainability
*    Demonstrate potential to fill open and/or anticipated vacancies at RIT
*    Able to travel to Rochester for a weekend, September 28 through October 2,
2011

We hope that you will apply to be considered for this all-expense-paid
opportunity.  More information and online applications can be found at:
http://www.rit.edu/academicaffairs/facultyrecruitment/faculty_program.php.

Applications must be received by June 1, 2011.  Selection decisions should be
made by early August.

If you are not interested in applying for the Future Faculty Career Exploration
Program but still want to get into our database please follow the directions
below so we can add you to our internal referral database. Our office maintains
a database which is used as a pipeline to recommend doctoral students or post
docs for new faculty job openings at Rochester Institute of Technology.  Please
log on to:
http://www.rit.edu/academicaffairs/facultyrecruitment/prospect_application.php
to complete a Prospect Data Form and be sure to also upload your current CV.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 585-475-5775 or
facultyr@xxxxxxx<mailto:facultyr@xxxxxxx>.  If you are not interested in these
opportunities please inform us and we will remove you from further emails on
the 2011 program.

 Office of Faculty Recruitment and Retention
Rochester Institute of Technology
90 Lomb Memorial Drive * Rochester, New York 14623-5604
Voice: 585-475-5775 * Fax: 585-475-4480 * E-mail:
facultyr@xxxxxxx<mailto:facultyr@xxxxxxx> * Web:
www.rit.edu/OFR<http://www.rit.edu/OFR>

"Excellence through Diversity, Journey to Greatness: Doing it the RIT Way"